Hello all. I have two A7's and was wondering what they are worth. They are in very good condition14a.jpg
Hello all. I have two A7's and was wondering what they are worth. They are in very good condition14a.jpg

750 or so?
Sonic Barbarian
I'll give you 300 for the pair.
Start by identifying the system and components correctly including the colors of the components, color can affect value with Altec..
If they're A7, they're A7-500's.
The cabinets look like 825's. I have a pet peeve about people calling them "A7 cabinets" as there's no such thing. A7 is a system of specific components and can be built in at least a few different cabinets.
Double that if the components are all greenies.750 or so?
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

I figure one price questian post, one pic. it's headed to ebay anyway
Sonic Barbarian

`
Agreed. yet another person wanting help to make money and not contributing.
To the seller- best bet is take off the backs. Shoot pics of the speakers inside and the drivers on the back of the horns. Include ALL part numbers you can find.
If you can see any numbers on the back of the woofer cones. Start in the 750-800 area, give it 7 days or more, as some people may not see if you do 3 days. You'll get bids.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Thanks to all who replied.
I may sell them and I may not. The speakers came with the condo I bought. Of course I am curious about the value.
They are mounted in the wall about three feet off the floor, almost like built-ins. They are heavy. I will, at some point, pull one out and take pictures of all of the important parts and numbers as has been suggested. Thanks. I attached another picture to show how it is in the wall. It does have a grill that hangs on the wall to cover the speakers.
I am also curious about which tube amp would be a good match with them. I am not an audiophile but the speakers sound great with an old 45watt transistor amp but they give me the feeling they are not being pushed enough. All of my recordings are on CD's and I'm not about to buy (for the umpteenth time) my music collection on LP's. And my hearing is certainly not what it used to be. So I don't really need a system that tops all the audio benchmarks. That would only be for bragging rights.

My hat is off to the person that installed those in your condo! Play the right music through those with the right front end gear, and you'll be astounded.
- Mike
Get a 15 band equalizer and boost just the very bottom and very top. They will sound amazing with very few Solid State watts, even low quality ones and also with CDs.
"James, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" World's scariest Volvo: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKn-LTNa4rc[/url]
Here are a couple of pics. One is the living room as it is now (almost anyway, I do have more furniture). The others are of what I can reach without pulling out the speakers. On the picture of the VOTT sticker on the side of the cabinet I had to lay in the fireplace to shoot. It's not a working fireplace.
It is a false wall built out about 3ft. solely to accommodate the speakers. You may be able to tell that the speaker boxes are in very good shape. The previous owner of my condo did a remodel in 1967. I can only assume that the speakers were bought and install then. There is no rear access, they slid (pushed) into the opening.
Bookmarks